Château de Richemont

Historic site and monument

- 24310 - BRANTOME EN PERIGORD (SAINT-CREPIN-DE-RICHEMONT) View map

Details

The castle of Richemont, composed of two perpendicular main buildings, was started in 1564 by Pierre de Bourdeille, better known in the history of literature as Brantôme, 16th century chronicler and commendatory abbot of Brantôme. After a fall from a horse which put an end to his military career, the famous writer of the “Lives of Gallant Ladies” wrote his works and lived in Richemont until his death. He is buried in the chapel located in the tower. He wrote his own epitaph. The writer's study, with decorative panelling, and his bedroom are on the first floor.

Prices & Conditions

  • Payment mode
    • , Cheques and postal orders
    • , Cash
  • Pets accepted
    • no

Practical information

Visits

  • Tour individual upon request
    • , yes
  • Average duration of an individual visit
    • , 40
  • Guided group tours on request
    • , yes
  • Average length of a group tour
    • , 40

Equipments & Services

  • Site and monuments theme
    • , Château
  • Receiving groups
    • yes
  • Handicap accessibility
    • , no
  • Spoken languages ​​
    • , French
    • , English
  • Visit language
    • , French

Contact

Our address


24310 BRANTOME EN PERIGORD

GPS : 45.4102540, 0.61385079

  • Access
    • , Road (national / local)/D 939/