Prieuré de Belaygue

Historic site and monument

Belaygue - 24310 - LA GONTERIE-BOULOUNEIXView map

Details

Benedictine priory formerly depending of the Abbey of Ligueux, in charge of the care of young women of royal blood. The priory is listed as a historical monument since 1948. Three nuns and one chaplain lived in Belaygue during the French Revolution. The resources of the nuns were driven from the revenues of the church. The roof materials and part of the walls were sold to Mr Gouzon on 5 November 1809 for 281 livres. A fountain dedicated to Saint John, purpose of a famous pilgrimage, was located near the priory.

Prices & Conditions

  • Pets accepted
    • yes

Practical information

Visits

  • Permanent individual open visits
    • , yes
  • Permanent open visits for groups
    • , yes

Equipments & Services

  • Site and monuments theme
    • , Convent
    • , Church
    • , Monastery
    • , Ruins and remains
  • Handicap accessibility
    • , yes
  • Small Rural Heritage
    • , no

Contact

Our address

Belaygue
24310 LA GONTERIE-BOULOUNEIX

GPS : 45.3853955, 0.60908627